|Help / Recent Posts / Search / Login / Register|
Stats: 2394 Members, 4698 topics. Date: March 24, 2017, 01:01:36 PM
|2016 NUC Approved Universities Offering Nursing and Midwifery Program in Nigeria by Idowu Olabode : August 10, 2016, 02:03:57 AM|
nigerian universities offering nursing science approved school of nursing in Nigeria universities that offer nursing and midwifery universities offering nursing programs universities offering nursing degrees in Nigeria list of federal universities in nigeria that offer nursing state universities that offer nursing federal school of nursing ilorin
According to the 2016 accreditation status report by the National Universities Commission (NUC), obtained by Nursesarena.com, only 25 of the universities in Nigeria currently run Nursing programs.
The Quality Assurance Department of the NUC is in charge of accrediting courses in the universities.
For a course to be accredited, the NUC says, it must meet the Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS) that has been drawn up by the commission.
Such a course, officials say, must have qualified faculty members, good learning environment and adequate teaching materials – equipment, books and journals.
Courses with full accreditation are due for re-accreditation every five years nuring which some courses might lose or retain their certification. Some fully accredited courses could be slammed with interim accreditation if their facilities and faculty are found to have depreciated.
Courses with interim accreditation are due for reassessment after two years, and back to back interim accreditation automatically leads to loss of accreditation.
The NUC says accreditation of courses is necessary to ensure “employers and other members of the community that Nigerian Nursesarena.com graduates of all academic programmes have attained an acceptable level of competency in their areas of specialization.”
The commission says it is also important to certify courses to assure “the international community that the programmes offered in Nigerian Universities are of high standards and that graduates of the institutions are adequate for employment and further studies.”
According to the NUC, pre-accreditation activities include drawing up a list of academic programmes to be certified, compilation of list of panel chairmen/members, time-tabling, budgeting and organizing the accreditation coordination meeting for panel chairmen and members in a simulation workshop.
The post-accreditation activities, according to the commission, include analyzing accreditation reports (technical and administrative), ranking of programmes and universities based Nursesarena.com on their accreditation status, publishing of accreditation status of programmes, issuance of certificates to programmes that earned Full and Interim accreditation results.
It should be noted that Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria also conducts it own accreditation exercise on universities offering Nursing programs but the current list of Council's approved universities is not available at this time. Below is the NUC accreditation report for Nursing programs :
1. University of Ibadan Full Accreditation 2014-2019
2. University of Nigeria Nsukka Interim accreditation 2014-2016
3. Obafemi Awolowo University full accreditation 2014-2019
4. Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Full Accreditation 2012-2017
5. University of Lagos, Akoka Interim Accreditation 2014-2016
6. University of Benin Full Accreditation 2013-2018
7. Bayero University Kano Interim Accreditation 2015-2017
8. University of Calabar Interim Accreditation 2014-2016
9. University of Ilorin Interim Accreditation 2015-2017
10. University of Jos Interim 2014-2016
11. University of Maiduguri Full Accreditation 2011-2016
12. University of Portharcourt Full Accreditation 2012-2017
13. Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka Accreditation Denied 2012
14. National Open University of Nigeria Full Accreditation 2015-2020
15. Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma Interim Accreditation 2016-2018
16. Abia state University, uturu Full Accreditation 2012-2017
17. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Ogbomoso Interim Accreditation 2012-2014
18. Imo State University Accreditation Denied 2015
19. Delta State University, Abraka Full Accreditation 2012-2017
20. Niger Delta University Full Accreditation 2013-2018
21. Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki Full Accreditation 2014-2019
22. Babcock University Ilishan Remo Full Accreditation 2011-2016
23. Madonna University Interim Accreditation 2015-2017
24. Igbinedion University Full Accreditation 2015-2020
25. Afe Babalola University Interim Accreditation 2013-2016
Share and tell others. Don't miss any update from us like our Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/nursesarenaforum/
|Re: 2016 NUC Approved Universities Offering Nursing and Midwifery Program in Nigeria by kheelesi : August 11, 2016, 02:15:29 PM|
Thanks for this but just last year it was reported NOUN had Interim Accreditation but from this post it is Final please cross check this and let me know whether it is initial or final.
Viewing this topic: 0 Members and 1 Guest
2014/2015 LAUTECH PART-TIME NURSING DEGREE APPLICATION FORM IS OUT
Started by Idowu Olabode
March 18, 2015, 01:58:25 PM
by adesuyi adedamola
2016 Batch A NYSC Mobilisation Time Table
Started by Idowu Olabode
January 18, 2016, 02:52:35 AM
by Idowu Olabode