|Help / Recent Posts / Search / Login / Register|
Stats: 2042 Members, 4236 topics. Date: January 23, 2017, 03:44:42 PM
|How to become Registered Nurse in Canada: An Ultimate Guide by Idowu Olabode : May 28, 2016, 08:48:31 PM|
This thread contains information about nursing registration in canada for overseas nurses, canadian practical nurse registration examination, canada nursing registration ielts requirements, how to become registered nurse in Canada, salary of a registered nurse in Canada, internationally educated nurses in bc, canada board of nursing license verification, registered nurse bc etc
This is an ultimate guide to nursing registration in canada for overseas nurses. It is also meant to serve as information exchange thread where those in various stages can share their experiences and Application timelines in order to support one another.
Nursing is a regulated profession in Canada just like most countries so anybody who wishes to practice as a nurse in Canada must be registered with the Nursing board. Canada has 10 Provinces and 3 Territories (Provinces are -Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan. The three territories are Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.) thus registration of overseas trained nurses is handled by each Province and Territory.
CANADIAN NURSING BOARDS
Licensed Practical Nurses-CLPNBC
Both Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses-CNO
Licensed Practical Nurses-SALPN
Licensed Practical Nurses-CLPNM
Licensed Practical Nurses-CLPNA
Licensed Practical Nurses-YK
Northwest Territories & Nunavut
Licensed Practical Nurses-HSS
Licensed Practical Nurses-CLPNNS
Prince Edward Island
Licensed Practical Nurses-CLPNP
Newfoundland & Labrador
Licensed Practical Nurses-CLPNNL
Licensed Practical Nurses-ANBLPN
Licensed Practical Nurses-OIIAQ
Overview of Registration Process
In order to begin your licensure application process to any Province, follow the process below :
NOTE: I will create threads for each Province containing all step-by-step instructions, requirements and other things worthy of note later.
1. Review the Requirements for Registration for Internationally-Educated Nurses for the Province you do like to register.
2. Ensure you meet the requirements and gather the required documents, scanned and saved on your computer.
3. Create an account with the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS), review your application, make the payment and submit your application.
4. When the assessment process is completed, you will receive confirmation from NNAS that the Advisory Report has been completed.
5. Proceed to apply to the province you have selected by filling the application form, submitting the required documents and paying for the application.
6. Wait for the decision of the Nursing board
7. If favourable sit for professional registration exam, pass meet other requirements such as jurisprudence exam and residency or authorization to work.
8. Pay the registration and licensing fees
1.All about ielts including past questions
2. National Nursing Assessment Service : Requirements, how to create an account, FAQ, etc
... To be continued
Viewing this topic: 0 Members and 1 Guest
Canada Federal Live-in Caregiver Program
Started by katty
November 21, 2015, 05:28:57 AM
DHA Exam Requirements for Nurses: A Guide to Nursing Registration in Dubai
Started by Idowu Olabode
November 09, 2016, 05:40:05 PM