|Help / Recent Posts / Search / Login / Register|
Stats: 2135 Members, 4449 topics. Date: February 21, 2017, 08:57:55 AM
|International Confederation of Midwives Nomination for Marie Goubran Award 2017 by Idowu Olabode : January 11, 2017, 05:48:52 PM|
CALL FOR NOMINEES: MARIE GOUBRAN AWARD 2017
MARIE GOUBRAN AGENT OF CHANGE AWARD 2016 - 2017
In keeping with the leadership skills and passionate commitment for childbearing women and families that Marie Goubran, ICM Secretary General 1987-1990, shared with the world, this memorial award was established to recognize midwives in countries with special needs and limited funding opportunities, who demonstrate similar leadership and commitment.
ICM partnered with Johnson & Johnson to ensure the continuation of the Marie Goubran Agent of Change Award, as well as increase the frequency from triennial to annual awards, to encourage midwives, who act as catalysts for change in healthy baby development in the antenatal and postnatal period and the first few weeks of life.
The focus on healthy baby development was chosen because high mortality rates for children under the age of 5 are still a major problem in many countries. A child's risk of dying is highest in the neonatal period, the first 28 days of life. 45% of child deaths under the age of 5 take place during the neonatal period. Therefore, safe childbirth and effective neonatal care are essential to prevent these deaths, especially in low or low to middle resources countries.
Nominees must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Marie Goubran Agent of Change Award:
1. Be a midwife according to the ICM International Definition of a Midwife.
2. Be a member of an ICM member association unless no member association exists in that country.
3. Resident of a low or low to middle resource country where s/he practices midwifery
4. Demonstrated visionary leadership, and raises the profile of midwives as agents for change.
The proposal must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Marie Goubran Agent of Change Award:
1. Raise the profile of midwives as agents for change
Advance innovative education and practice approaches in healthy baby development
2. Inspire other midwives toward ways to impact their own communities and/or adapt approaches for their own context
3. Inspires other midwives toward ways to impact their own communities and/or adapt approaches for their own context
4. Presents a detailed proposal for use of the award monies, maximum 1000 words.
Award and award winners
From 2016 to 2018, an award will be offered annually; and will be announced at a ICM regional or international congresses.
Winners will receive:
1. Financial support up to US$ 4,000 to encourage and promote the development of their project.
2. Full sponsorship for the ICM Congress or Regional Conference where (s)he will be recognised during the award ceremony.
3. The opportunity to share the project during the ICM Congress and in the International Journal of Childbirth.
Completed Nominations must include the following:
1. The nomination form
2. A current CV or Resume (maximum of 2 pages)
3. A short bio of your carreer and practice as a midwife (maximum 500 words)
4. Detailed proposal (maximum 1000 words and should include how the money will be spent and a budget)
IMPORTANT NOTE: INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED/REVIEWED
When and how to submit
Participate in the Marie Goubran Agent of Change Award for 2016 by sending your nomination package to the email email@example.com or to the International Confederation of Midwives by January 22nd, 2017
International Confederation of Midwives (ICM)
C/O Marie Goubran Award Submission
Laan van Meerdervoort 70
2517AN Den Haag
Nomination form of the Marie Goubran Agent of Change Award can be found HERE
Viewing this topic: 0 Members and 1 Guest
Are Midwives Safer Than Doctors?
Started by Idowu Olabode
January 02, 2015, 11:10:32 PM
by Idowu Olabode
Australian researchers seek men for international prostate cancer study
Started by Idowu Olabode
July 13, 2016, 05:48:38 PM
by Idowu Olabode