|Help / Recent Posts / Search / Login / Register|
Stats: 2025 Members, 4206 topics. Date: January 18, 2017, 09:08:51 PM
|UNICEF Vacancy: Senior Adviser Health (Maternal & Newborn Unit), P-5, NYHQ, #532 by Idowu Olabode : September 02, 2016, 10:25:38 AM|
Job Number: 498804
Location: Programme Division, UNICEF NYHQ
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The Senior Advisor for MNAH based in Headquarters' Division provides overall leadership within the organization in the design, implementation support and evaluation of maternal, newborn and adolescent health programmes, with specific attention to health systems strengthening, and foster linkages with child health, HIV, nutrition, education, WASH and other relevant programmes. Through strategic partnership to provide coordinated technical support to regions and countries and leverage resources for MNAH.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
1. Provides technical and policy guidance at UNICEF Headquarters for policies and strategies for global programme development around SDG 3, with a focus on maternal, neonatal and adolescent health. Provides technical and policy advice to PD Director's Office, and Regional Management Teams to apprise senior level staff of situation, policy and programme direction of Maternal, Neonatal and Adolescent health.
2. Provides advisory and technical guidance to assist Regional and country offices to plan, programme and implement equity-based MNAH programmes with a focus on maternal and newborn health by undertaking regional and country support missions to provide technical and policy guidance to national counterparts and UNICEF staff. Reviews technical and policy documents, responds to specific queries regarding technical and policy issues raised by country and regional offices, and assists in addressing bottlenecks to scaling-up maternal and neonatal health programs.
3. Works with MNAH team members to establish the overall programme work plan, monitor compliance and performance standards with a focus on antenatal care, delivery care and newborn health and address the linkages to health system. Through ongoing consultations and intersectoral (Nutrition, WES, HIV/AIDS, HIV, Communication, Education etc.) exchange; ensures coordination of activities, and exchange of information and experience to achieve programme objectives. Follows-up on the implementation of recommendations to ensure programme goals/objectives are met.
4. Establishes, strengthens and maintains highest level of contacts and collaboration with partners including H6+ partner organizations (UNFPA, WHO, UNWomen, the World Bank, and UNAIDS) and others. Represents UNICEF through evidence and results-based advocacy in meetings with high level and senior government officials as well as multi-lateral, bilateral agencies and NGOs; interacts, negotiates and advocates programme goals and strategies, identifies strategic alliances, mobilizes resources, and influences policy development to facilitate achievement of programme objectives.
5. Support health section management and ensure an effective MNAH team. Apply result based management principles to programme design, implementation, knowledge management and evaluation. Ensure adequate technical capacity of MNAH at the global, regional and country level through talent management in collaboration with the regional health advisors, division of human resource and regional management teams.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Advanced university degree in public health or related maternal and child survival areas (MD + MPH, PhD or equivalent).
At least 10 years relevant professional work experience in a senior capacity at national and international levels in partnerships, programme planning and management of maternal and child health programmes. Knowledge of international health organizations and partners.
Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian) is an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Diversity and Inclusion
Communication - Level II
Working with People - Level III
Drive for Results - Level II
Leading and Supervising - Level II
Formulating Strategies and Concepts - Level III
Analyzing - Level III
Relating and Networking - Level III
Deciding and Initiating Action - Level III
Persuading and Influencing - Level III
Applying Technical Expertise - Level III
Learning and Researching - Level II
Creating and Innovating - Level II
Planning and Organizing - Level II
Following Instructions and Procedures - Level II
Adapting and Responding to Change - Level II
Coping with Pressure and Setbacks - Level III
Entrepreneurial Thinking - Level III
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Opening Date 30 Aug 2016 Eastern Standard Time
Closing Date 14 Sep 2016 Eastern Standard Time
Job advert page http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=498804
To begin your application click https://secure.dc7.pageuppeople.com/apply/671/cw/applicationForm/initApplication.asp?lJobID=498804&sLanguage=en-us&sSourcePointer=cw&lJobSourceTypeID=796
Viewing this topic: 0 Members and 1 Guest
Vacancy Notice PAHO/15/FT414, Center Director, Latin American
Started by Idowu Olabode
September 21, 2015, 11:35:39 PM
by Idowu Olabode
Bowen University Teaching Hospital (BUTH), Ogbomoso Vacancy for Nurses
Started by Idowu Olabode
February 17, 2016, 10:34:19 AM
by Idowu Olabode