|Help / Recent Posts / Search / Login / Register|
Stats: 2029 Members, 4211 topics. Date: January 19, 2017, 04:07:18 PM
Nurses Arena Forum / Entertainment / Jokes / Top 10 Myths of Murse(male nurse nickname) Nursing (1022) Views
|Top 10 Myths of Murse(male nurse nickname) Nursing by Rasheedat : July 07, 2015, 11:53:44 PM|
This is supposed to be a joke right? But it seems it isn't. Have you ever heard the word "MURSE " before? I came across this write up on allnurses and I do like to share it with nurses in Nigeria especially the men in the profession.
Okay, somebody had to say it (and I am not sure if anyone has, only a member for a short time), so it might as well be me!
As my name on this site would imply, I am a MURSE (that is to say a Male + Nurse = MURSE). And I just wanted to put to rest some common myths about such strange creatures as myself.
1. NO I AM NOT A DOCTOR!: First of all I work for a living. Secondly, I didn't flunk med school, or settle to be "just a nurse" It was a conscious decision.
2. No, I am not homosexual: Some male nurses are gay, I don't happen to be one of them. Just as not all female mechanics are lesbians, I am sure some are, but not all. (P.S. Personally I don't have a problem with anyone's lifestyle, especially nurses or mechanics these are just examples.)
3. No ladies, we don't have a problem with you asking for a female nurse to take care of you, the problem we have is when we see that all of your doctors are men, yet you have no problem with them caring for you. I still don't get that double standard....Someone please explain!
4. To our female co-workers: yes we can help you reach that, lift that patient, or take the handsy old guy patient, we know our role, just remember to say thanks every once in a while (boost our male egos, that's all we want)
5. Yes we have heard it all ladies...the embarrassing girl talk, the what's in this season talk, all of the talk, but please don't pull us into your relationship talk to get a"man's opinion." Chances are we are men, and will agree with the man's side of the story on the inside but will say what will keep us out of trouble at work...WE ARE MEN!!!
6. To management: you don't have to prove anything to us, we don't all want your job, we are not a threat to your power because of our gender. So relax, and don't go making an example out of us all the time.
7. Yes I am your nurse, yes I am a man. Now that we have that cleared up....
8. Question: Why do people have to state my gender before my profession? Really.Oh, did you meet Mike? He is a MALE nurse. As opposed to a male teacher or a male bartender. Odd? or is it just me, by the way, the correct title is MURSE!
9. Yes, I love my job, no I didn't get into it for the money, or for the fact that I get to work with a lot of women, if I wanted a job that made a lot of money, and gave me the chance to be around a lot of women, I would have become a night club owner, and never have had to wipe any butt besides my own! I got into the field for most of the same reasons as any other nurse in the world.
10. And the last myth of the MURSE.... Even though we may take some bs from some people in the world we really do love this challenging and rewarding life, and wouldn't change it for the world.
Well I hope this entertained some, informed some, and was understood by all MURSEs out there in cyber land.
Mike the MURSE
It's actually funny don't you think? Should male nurses adopt this name tag while we female nurses change our name to FURSE(female + nurse)? I wanna have your view on this please
|Re: Top 10 Myths of Murse(male nurse nickname) Nursing by Idowu Olabode : July 08, 2015, 11:49:30 AM|
Lol afi Murse na.
On a serious note, I think the definition of a nurse is not gender based so why coining other word for men in the profession? A farmer is a farmer be it male or female same goes for engineers and arrays of professionals.
Just checked out the meaning of the word and it means a pulse carried by men.
Viewing this topic: 0 Members and 1 Guest